Court hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm (the court is open during the lunch hour and at 4:15pm the doors are locked to the public)
The 42-2 Judicial District Court is a limited jurisdiction court serving the City of New Baltimore, Township of Chesterfield, Village of New Haven and the Township of Lenox. The Court has jurisdiction over criminal misdemeanors, civil cases in which the amount in dispute is $25,000 or less, parking violations, traffic violations and other civil infractions, landlord-tenet disputes, and small claims matters up to $6,500. In addition, the Court has initial jurisdiction on criminal felony cases for the purpose of determining probably cause.
PLEASE SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH YOUR CLIENTS IMMEDIATELY TO AVOID YOUR HEARING BEING ADJOURNED!
The 42nd District Courts - Romeo and New Baltimore are having difficulty with people connecting to Zoom with Apple products (iPad, iPhone, etc). AGAIN, THIS APPLIES ONLY TO APPLE PRODUCTS. Macomb County IT has recommended the following be done prior to your Zoom meeting:
- The previous version of Zoom should be completely removed (uninstalled) from the Apple device.
- The Apple device should be updated to the current version of Zoom.
- The Zoom app should be reinstalled.
This method has been used effective today and has rectified the problem. Once this done, the Apple product is able to connect with the court via Zoom.
AGAIN, THIS APPLIES TO THOSE USING APPLE PRODUCTS ONLY!
If you have a bench warrant and would like to clear up, please contact the court at 586-725-9500, option 3.
- Online: Pay Online Pay Location Code 5049
- Phone: 888-604-7888 and use pay location code:5049
- Mail (certified checks/money orders): 35071 23 Mile Road, New Baltimore, MI 48047
- Dropbox: Located in the front of the court building
To view live court proceedings in the event the courtroom is closed to the public for health or safety reasons, please use the following links:
About the 42-2 District Court
42-2 District Court Judge
William H. Hackel III
42-2 District Court Magistrates
Joseph P. Cozzolino
Joseph J. Plawecki
District Court Administrator